December 19, 2006

The Poker Gods Have Forgiven Me

The first time I played poker, with real people and real (albeit coin) money, I was hosed. Not necessarily because I am bad at playing cards--I am not excellent but I can do okay--but because my luck was exceptionally poor. The second time I played was not much different, though I did manage to reach the bottom of my change dish slower.

But on Saturday, the Gods finally let me go. I got good hands (I was dealt an Ace high straight in 5-card!) and managed to come away with more money than I had entered with. At least, I think. It's hard to tell when you play with a big pile of uncounted change.

It was a fun evening, full of surprising hands and excellent pizza. And, above all, a clean slate of gambling karma.

Now it's off to DC and then Michigan for a few (nine) days! I may post while away, but clearly there are no promises.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright, now I know that you've had stuff going on, stuff you could talk about. So no excuse for lack of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a case of pots and black kettles here ;)