September 10, 2008

I Know I'm a Broken Record

Unfortunately for you all, my daily life does not allow me much room to vent about politics. My job is not remotely political, I live in a city full of people who think along the same lines, and my friends don't need any convincing.

So when I read--and maybe I should stop doing that--about all the fantastically stupid "white women" who are giving McCain a big jump, I have nowhere to release my anger. Anger at how as a group, almost any demographic can be insipidly short-sighted. I just expected better from women.

But I suppose that's equality. Men don't have a monopoly on being morons. We're all on the stupidity ship together, sometimes.

This election is shaping up to be one of the first times in memory that I'm in danger of being really disappointed in my country. Kerry in '04 was sad, but he lacked a number of important qualities that could have pushed the election in his favor. Obama just has everything going for him--he wins on the issues, on the politics, and on personality--except that we are, collectively, morons. Call me an elitist, but I'm really starting to question the very sanity and morality of those who side with the GOP on this stuff.

So I'm sorry that I keep using this space for going-nowhere political rants. I should talk more about my visit back home this past week (it was great!) or non-political issues I like to ramble on about. Class warfare, chicks, why the Tigers are so very disappointing, etc. The stuff that sells newspapers.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Honestly, your blog is an escape for me because I am CONSTANTLY surrounded by GOP'ers who feel it necessary to make comments about their view. I keep my mouth shut for the sake of civility, I don't understand why no one else can. Sigh.

either way, your blog is a great outlet for me!