January 30, 2006

Now This Blog Feels Like Home

I had a longish post written about the U.S. decision to cut ties with the newly-elected Hamas government. It wasn't terribly thoughtful, though I had a whole "what if other nations cut ties with a certain treaty-ignoring, warmongering superpower just because its leaders also happen to be pinheaded zealots" theme.

Sadly, it ain't blogging if Blogger doesn't eat your post every once in awhile. Usually I'm pretty careful, what with the copying and pasting to avoid such calamities, but this time I forgot about the text residing in my computer's copy/paste memory and by the time I remembered, I had replaced it with something far less interesting (full disclosure: it was "and ps i still object to your 'waifish like you like' ideas" which is a snippet of an IM conversation with my sister regarding my "type").

So no stark, poorly-conceived political commentary today. In a nutshell, I 1) don't support Hamas but 2) also don't support our administration. Big surprises, all around.

1 comment:

K8 said...

You can object to my "waifish like you like them" comment all you want. I shall continue to comment in such a manner until I have met someone to the contrary.