March 4, 2007

1,000

I have seen one thousand movies.

Awhile ago, during the job hunt and at blogging "low tide", my movie list--you do know I have a list of every movie I've seen, don't you?--finally topped 1,000.

I am unsure as to what movie is exactly number 1,000; this is because I occasionally remember a movie from my past that somehow escaped inclusion on the list. For example, right as I was approaching the century mark, I realized "Silence of the Lambs" wasn't on the list. "WTF!" I said to myself.

So I am pretty sure that the milestone was reached with this movie; though it's quite possible it was actually this one.

I'm not really sure whether 1,000 movies is something to be proud of or something to be pitied. I definitely have to thank my parents, for giving us HBO when I was in middle school and socially leprous; Netflix, for making it oh-so-easy to fill out my list with movies I would otherwise be too ashamed to rent if I had to do it in person; and of course, the job market for keeping me only partially employed during the last 18 months.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Congrats on hitting the century mark. "The Sting" is an excellent choice for crossing that threshold.

Gleemonex said...

See, I've probably seen at least that many in total (lifelong movie nut, film major, etc.) -- but because of the HBO-in-middle-school thing, I've seen a select number of movies waaaaaaay too many times: Just One of the Guys, Overboard, The Buddy Holly Story, The Legend of Billie Jean ... I'd go on, but it's too embarrassing.