April 24, 2007

Bite Size Blog Bits

  • So far, the Tigers have failed to suck completely this year, tentatively proving that last season wasn't just some wonderful fever dream I experienced. They're not awesome, but a solid 11-8, with a number of losses coming in extra innings. Way to gut it out Tigers! But you closers need to see me after class.
    UPDATE: Goddamn it, you are so getting detention, Jones. 11-9.

  • Friends (Fried Chicken Head over there) visited last weekend, and I'm happy to report that despite some extremely sore muscles (who knew Muir woods was so big, especially if you ignore signs and go the wrong way and don't wear proper footwear?) a good time was had by all. That is in large part an assumption by me, but as there was little scowling, I am happy to make it.

  • Golden Gate Park is just hilarious. Of course I've been there a number of times now, but on Sunday there was a free concert. Normally the label "free" is more than enough reason to get San Fran's local hippies in attendance, but this concert had the added bonus of a former Grateful Dead-er (I'm told) and a guy with the last name "Marley". This deadly combination lured in every star child, burnout, reggae fan, and otherwise granola individual in, I'm certain, a 200-mile radius.

  • Grindhouse was long but pretty damn entertaining. I have not been to the movies since I saw it, however, which is a long time for me.

  • Having a full-time (for all intents and purposes) puts a real strain on my leisure time. An hour-long commute each way isn't convenient either, but I'd be lying if I said it was as bad as it sounds. I like reading the paper in the morning, and doing the crossword (M-W with ease; Thurs-Fri crosswords seem to increase in difficulty by an order of magnitude) in the evening.

  • Warcraft is what suffers, ultimately. It's not going to be work (I don't yet have the job, and frankly I like what I'm doing at the moment) or the girlfriend (for obvious reasons) or Lost (man has it gotten better this last month). Since it's a video game, I'm not too concerned.

  • Seriously though, how good IS Lost these days? I don't mind the filler episodes (i.e. Hurley's magic bus, Sawyer trying to turn good) but they've been making some leaps and bounds as far as plot advancement. I expect it will all die down in May with an incomprehensible season finale.

  • This kid? Totally me, except for the ability to dissect things with skill. I lacked that. Otherwise it's a pretty dead-on portrayal of my 7th grade experience.

    That was too many bullets. Consider my chamber emptied! That was not supposed to sound as uncomfortably gross as it now appears.
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    W.O.W. or me... I wonder how obvious that pick is sometimes!
    -The girlfriend

    SB said...

    Aw ya know I love ya baby!

    But sometimes I gots to get my kill on, for reals yo. ;)

    Charlie said...

    May the frog dissections unit under the Sam's of the world !!! He even looks like you did at that age !!!

    Unknown said...

    we could've talked about Lost? And here I was spending all night sleeping, like a sucker.

    SB said...

    Damn it! Well, that just means we'll have to move up our 3/4 year visitation schedule. Because otherwise Lost will be over the next time we hang out.

    ps. Dad: the looking like me aspect was the scariest part.