July 11, 2007

Define "Look"

I heard an ad on the radio this morning (during my new 8-minute commute to work, hooray) for Match.com. The tagline at the end, which I don't think is new but I hadn't heard before, was "It's Okay to Look".

It is? Really? Because I know of at least one person in my life who would disagree, and I bet there are many people out there that would rather their significant others were not browsing online dating sites.

They could mean "look" as in "browse profiles out of sheer boredom and hurl insults at the weird ones," but I'm betting that Match would prefer you looked with at least a kernel of curiousity. And therein lies the breach of trust.

Anyway, I just found it sort of funny. "Match.com: Come find a new significant other. And then replace him/her. Ad infinitum."

3 comments:

Charlie said...

How would the significant other even know if you were "looking".

I have always thought it would be interesting to see what type of person the dating service would find for me.. then again , maybe I dont want to know..

Anonymous said...

Charlie, please do not encourage him. And by the way, I would know...

-the significant other

SB said...

Not the point! It's still a moral wrong to cheat, even if your s/o can never find out. This follows the same guidelines.

However, Dad does make a good point--going to see who they'd match you with MAY be the first non-shady attached person use for Match.com. Victory!