November 12, 2008

I Hope It Wasn't THAT Important

I have several email addresses. Many of us do. In fact, I have two separate Gmail addresses, one I created solely to reserve the name (first initial, last name @ gmail) and one I use daily.

The reserved email is rarely checked. Every two or three months, I pop in to see if anybody shorthanded my "normal" email incorrectly (The Machine used to do this a lot) but mostly I find spam and other incorrectly-addressed email from various strangers. Someone named Samantha (grrr) keeps trying to sign up to Western Union but apparently doesn't know her own email address.

Today, I saw this:
Subject: I Love You
...even if you are a pain in the ass.
It was, of course, 2 months old. Just a short message from someone who shares my last name and lives in New York, to someone who shares my first initial and last name. Relative? Wife? It is hard to say.

But I was amused.

No comments: