November 25, 2008

A Whirlwind Awaits

Being a lazy gadabout (look it up!) often means that I depend on those who visit the Bay Area to rouse me from my sloth-like lifestyle so that I can take in the wonders of Northern California. Although I have lived here nearly 3 years, there are still a few places I haven't been. Sadly, Alcatraz remains one of those places. Damn tourists bought all the tickets, even on a Monday.

But I still knocked a few more items off the list! My weekend in photos:


The view from the Marin Headlands. I had never been out to the point before, and since it wasn't buried under a mountain of fog, off we went! I can't believe I didn't go sooner.

But that's not all! Did somebody say... trees?


Yes, it's Muir Woods. A fairly gray day, but the trees are always great, so in we went. I had been here before (thrice!) but it's still impressive every time. You will of course notice that I took no actual pictures of the redwoods. Just random forest shots. That was totally 100% guaranteed on purpose, for reals.

There was the requisite stop at the big bridge herself:


And Saturday gave us a lovely sunset.

Of course, as always, you get no pictures of me. This is because I don't like you.

Nah, I'm just joshin' ya. It's because I don't want to.

1 comment:

Iris said...

I've lived here my entire life and I have yet to see any of those places. My applause, friend.