April 4, 2006

01:02:03 04/05/06

In a little over an hour (Pacific Time) it will be 1:02 a.m., and 3 seconds after that it will be 1:02:03 on 04/05/06.

I'm not usually into stuff like that, other than to say "huh, that's cool" but this one got me thinking. It only happens once every hundred years, so chances are highly unlikely any of us will see the next one (or saw the last one).

Except, it sort of happens again if you follow the European date style, because 04/05/06 is May 4th (or so I've been told by my Eurotrash acquaintances) and thus just as accurate.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what me mum shared with me earlier tonight. If you're superstitious, you might not want to be buying a house or conceiving a child at around 1 a.m. tonight. On the other hand, maybe you totally should because that house could be magic or the child could be... well, probably the Antichrist. So don't do that one.

(Which reminds me, 06/06/06 is this year; if I hadn't read that 666 isn't really the number of the beast--mathematical error, I think it's actually like 669--I might be worried. Still, I bet people freak out.)

3 comments:

Dennis! said...

I totally slept through the magic time. Bad me.

In one version of the Bible I read in high school, the section about the number of the beast said, "and the number is six hundred sixty-six" and there was a footnote to it. The footnote basically said that in some translations, the number is 616. Doesn't help in pinning down the big evil number, now does it?

K8 said...

I disagree with the whole 1:02:03 on 04/05/06 thing on the basis that it is not sequential from smallest to largest. Talk to me when it is the 1st second of the 2nd minute of the 3rd hour on the 4th day of the 5th month in the 6th year of the millenium (5/4/06 at 3:02:01 am for those of you who didn't follow).

SB said...

I considered that, too. Except on your day, it will read "03:02:01 05/04/06" which isn't nearly as fun to look at.

You do have a point though, at least as far as ascending patterns of chronological alignment are concerned.