July 11, 2006

Hey, a Blog!

I almost forgot I had one of these! Fortunately, fates have smiled on my reading public (fates being, well, me) and have conspired to give me much more free time again.

That's right, I've rejoined the ranks of the unemployed. Not for too long, I hope, but as of yesterday I'm home again in my sweats surfing the Internet for girls games jobs. There comes a time in any crappy, low-paying job when one must weigh the benefits of said job (actual money coming in) against the detrimental side-effects (not enough money to pay bills, job is painfully unsatisfying in most aspects, and worst: job kills energy for job-hunting during off hours). I have done this, and I now sit before you, a bum.

I am far less bitter about job searching now, probably because I've taken the edge off by actually having a job and by knowing that some amount of work DOES exist out there. But I am now the last of my loser friends to get a job (a feat, considering that only 1 of 5 from law school had one back in the fall, and she had to move to Europe and get paid in Ramen), and such an ignoble honor does not suit me.

In other news, my car got "broken into" the other day, leaving me pissed and my ashtray/change holder missing. I used quotes because it's quite possible I left it unlocked--even though I never do--given the simplicity of the hoodlums that got in. They took everything out of the glove compartment and pulled out the change thing, but left the stereo (!) and didn't bother to check the trunk at all. Amateur hour, I tells ya!

In other, other news, I'm headed to Michigan for a week starting next Friday, so that will be nice. Not that I need a vacation, really, but it's good to see family. Sad that 11 months after the last summer visit and I'm in pretty much the same financial position. At least this time I can get into arguments with my uncle about pharmaceutical litigation.

No more, you fiends! I return to my leisure job-searching.

No comments: