July 31, 2006

We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do

Let's go crazy, bullet-point style!

  • Spirit Airlines is low rent. I mean, this is obvious given the cost of their flights (low), but they're also oddly located in the International terminal at SFO (I was flying to Detroit... Make all the jokes you want, but Michigan has yet to be sold to Canada).

  • Mini book review #1: The Kite Runner -- Highly enjoyed it, even though it was seriously depressing. Very interesting look at Afghanistan through a fictional account. Plus, the author is from, and some parts take place in, San Francisco. Gotta support the team. Recommended!

  • Mini book review #2: Running with Scissors -- the author is now being sued by the people he memoirizes (it's early and if there's a word for that, it ain't in my vocabulary), probably because if the account is even half true, they're drug dealers, statutory rapists, and frauds. Oh and actual rapists. The book itself was entertaining but lacked a strong narrative to tie all the funny stories together. Like David Sedaris but only 40% as funny. Mildly recommended.

  • Chickens I am not counting: The job hunt is looking up. I'll say more when I have actual news, but things are progressing for once. That's nice. Added bonus: freaking out my sister by telling her that when I go to interviews, I'm going to bring beer and give high-fives and say things like "aw hell no, dawg, I ain't playin like that!"
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    giving me a heart attack is not funny. hmpf!