September 6, 2007

You Know You Like Them

This one is courtesy of the mouse.

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What does it say?
"[it would have wrenched his] soul to have Ethan chosen last for any team. "Why?" Sarah [had asked.]

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What's there?
The frame of the window.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Something called "Between the Lions" (I think).

4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
11:25 a.m.

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
11:24 a.m. The magic of billable hours makes me pretty good at that game.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The copier, faintly, and a hum outside which may or may not be a rooftop a/c unit.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
This morning. Walking from parking to Starbucks.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
The Guebara v. Allstate case opinion.

9. What are you wearing?
Pants and a shirt. I'm at work, yo.

10. Did you dream last night?
Probably, but I don't remember any of it.

11. When did you last laugh?
About 5 minutes ago when talking about the upcoming Detroit Lions season.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Zilch. I should probably hang up some stuff in here.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
In person? Not really. But this was pretty weird.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
Better than average.

15. What is the last film you saw?
Clerks II--wait, that wasn't a "film". I saw the Nanny Diar... that might not be one either. The Bourne Ultimatum?

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Honestly? The thrill of paying off all my debts in one day would be enough to keep me happy for at least a week of millionaire-ness.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know:
I don't know who you are so that's a tough request. How about that my neck is all stiff and pained from sleeping bad on Tuesday night.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
This is a tougher question than I think it means to be. I feel like any change I would make would have a negative effect because it was made via "magic" and not through the efforts of actual people. We need to make the changes ourselves, not hope for some benevolent deity/millionaire/dictator to bestow them upon us.

19. Do you like to dance?
In public? No.

20. George Bush: .....
Utter, abject failure.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Natasha

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Henry

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure. It'd give me serious stress but I've learned to play through my own neuroses.

24. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?
Wouldn't a better question be, what do you want God to say to you? Because I think I'd say, "Wow, you're really here, with pearly gates? Seriously? How do I know this is a legit operation?"

2 comments:

Emily said...

I just wanted to let you know I am going to the genesis concert tonight and you should be insanely jealous that I get to see Phil Collins...

:) Miss you, Sam Japan!

SB said...

I thought Genesis broke up in like, 1996.

Wait, are you a messenger from the not-so-distant past? And if you are, what is the point?