June 27, 2008

Bits and Funny.

Big congratulations to my sister. She knows why.

I'm a bit disappointed that Obama disagrees with the Supreme Court's ruling on the death penalty for child rapists. Obviously I am against rape, but from a legal perspective, the Court is right: it's complete hogwash to elevate a non-murder crime to that level. If somebody raped my child, I'd just kill him. No need to make it a sentencing possibility.

I am "building a house" tomorrow for Habitat. Except, word is we're just putting in the flooring and painting. So really, I'm not doing all that much. Last year, one of the houses we helped build burned down, so I'm hoping some of our attorneys won't be allowed near the wiring jobs this time around.

I don't have much to say on this whole gun-control ruling. It is legally unsound because it completely misinterprets the controlling case--Miller--on this issue. But that's what happens when you let politics override your better judgment.

Half of 2008 is nearly over! How did that happen? July should prove to be exciting and fun.

I saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story finally, and it was better than I was expecting. Note to those idiots who make utter crap like "Disaster Movie" and "Date Movie" -- that is how you do satire and parody. I also saw Shoot 'em Up which was entertaining but pretty pointless. Clive Owen would probably make a high school production of "Waiting for Godot" entertaining, though.

For some reason (possibly the above movie-watching) I dreamt that Jenna Fischer worked in my office, and that we were secretly dating. It was awesome, and for like 5 minutes after waking up this morning I was trying to figure out how to move to L.A. and make it happen. Then I got a restraining order against myself.

Finally, this is funny:

From Hey Okay

No comments: