August 14, 2006

I Know What You Did Last Weekend

or, "I'm not going to spend 20 minutes in a Starbucks bathroom giving you tattoos."*

This update is a week old, but it bears posting if only so I can proudly display the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Last weekend was a whirlwind of travel down (and up again) the western coast of California. First, we drove down to Monterey and experienced the world-famous^ Monterey Bay Aquarium. It actually IS quite nice, and impressive, what with the kelp and the fish. And the jellyfish because damn they have a lot of those.

Then it was on to San Luis Obispo, hometown of the current yin to my yang, to visit with her fam and take in the Cal Poly sights. It's tough to explain the Cal Poly college town atmosphere without a proper example, so I shall give you a several based on geography. Choose whichever works for you:
- Georgetown on a Friday night with hotter coeds.
- Pacific Beach on a Thursday night with slightly less slutty girls, and more SUVs.
- The USD campus, undergrad area, but with bars.
- Absolutely nowhere in the Bay Area that I know of.

Actually, SLO is a lovely little town, and I saw it from a great vantage point but failed to bring my camera. Also, everyone hates pictures taken from the top of a mountain unless it's like, this one.

But I'm back in SF, safe and sound and slightly sunburned. No more travel for a little while, but I will try and be better about updates. I've got one in the pipe right now that I know you're all excited about because the topic is Google Books and copyright law. It's a scorcher!

*Right, the Starbucks thing. All I'll say is that I still don't have a tattoo, and that's probably for the best.

No comments: