August 21, 2006

Instead of Coffee in the Morning

I wake up and check out CNN, which often provides enough of a jolt to get me through the next few hours caffeine free. Today, it's the headline that some escaped convict is terrorizing my alma mater. No, not San Diego--they have rich kids there, no felons are allowed--but rather Virginia Tech! Luckily nobody I know personally goes there anymore, but it's still rather disturbing to see such news posted on CNN. If it were 1999, I'd be armed with a baseball bat and some TeamFortress and I wouldn't be pretty happy not to go to class today.

As an aside, what's up with Tech always starting so early? It's only August 21st! I guess that's usual for VT, but it always seemed a week or two earlier than everybody else.

Back to deposition editing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he was last seen on a trail near school, he'll probably get shot by some good ole' Agriculture boys before the cops actually get to him. On campus would be a crazy place to hide though -- he could be anywhere!

Unknown said...

My school starts today too :-) so it's not just Tech!