January 8, 2008

I Did Not Die in 2007

I just got busy. My apologies to lo those many teeming masses that wait patiently for an update--although most of the teeming are people I actually saw over the holidays and thus, I do not think they care. I will have more "year end" updates in the coming days/weeks (because who hasn't gotten enough "____ of 2007!" yet!).

First of, the big news: JetBlue is a pain in the ass. Two and a half hour delays for both flights (back east and back west), although the second one was customer-caused. Still, it did not sell me on JetBlue.

I suppose there is bigger news: I finally played Guitar Hero. I am late to this particular cultural phenomenon, but I now see why everyone loves it. All the fun and difficulty of guitar-playing, with none of the annoying side-effects (the ability to play an instrument).

And finally: Yeah okay, I turned 30. Big whoop. Thanks to all those who remembered and laughed at my new-found codger status. It was fun to come back to work where I am one of the 5 youngest people, instead of hanging with you idiots where I am Father Time or something.

In all seriousness it was actually a really good birthday. The day itself was uneventful, but everyone back east, back west, and in the middle (Kansas! Michigan!) made it one of the most successful birthdays ever. Granted, my bar is set low, but ya'll cleared it easily. Official Thanks from the 2008 Model Sam!

Oh and I bought a Playstation 3. Happy birthday to ME, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Those Who Wish to Give You Gifts could give Playstation games? Is this in liu of a new computer, or besides a new computer. Did you get that dresser yet?
Love, Ma