February 29, 2008

Stuff I Thought About in the Last 24 Hours

I dreamed that I was Barack Obama last night. And that my tooth was cracked and falling out. I am well aware of the supposed significance of teeth-related dreams, but usually (75% of the time) I am me when I dream. So armchair psychoanalysts can have at that one.

I also had one of those dreams where I woke up really angry at the person in the dream. But for the first time that I can recall, this is also true in real life. So while the reasons for the dream-anger (bad driving, which is just strange) faded, they also segued right into the actual reasons I am not pleased. It's not a fun way to start a Friday.

Does anyone else think Iron Man might actually be good? Robert Downey Jr. always brings something noteworthy to his roles, and so far the trailers place movie quality somewhere north of Daredevil and hovering around X-Men or X-Men 2. We'll see.
Update: In searching for a link to Iron Man, I noticed the short description of the movie is "Wealthy Inventor Tony Stark Fights Evil Using a Suit of Power Armor!" Yikes. Minus a letter grade for that mouthful, and for a completely gratuitous exclamation point. "Fights Evil Using a Suit of Power Armor" pretty much states the emphasis without need for assistance from punctuation.

LOST is starting to scare me now. It's like when you were a kid, and you really really wished it was Christmas Day, and when Christmas Day starts you're totally stoked, but then as you near the end of present unwrapping you're thinking, "Crap, I guess that was it." And no matter how good your presents were, they can only achieve some fraction of anticipatory hype you had built up in your head. Last night's LOST was like that. We learned so damn much I started wondering how this show is going to go another 30+ episodes. This season is a just busting out, but damn guys, ease up on the throttle a bit!

I got a "settlement" or something from 24Hour Fitness that gives me 45 free days of membership. Also, it appears to be transferable. Does anybody want that? I already go to a gym that is much more convenient. Well, "go" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm confused... what is the significance of teeth related dreams?