February 9, 2006

Questions to the Prime Minister

Or, in the unlikely chance that he doesn't read this blog, to anyone else:

Is the phrase "deep-seeded" or "deep-seated"? I always thought it was the former, but I saw a fairly knowledgeable person (as far as I can tell) use "deep-seated" and now I'm not so sure. The first seems to make more grammatical sense.

What is the purpose behind making a non-electric razor battery-powered? What do the batteries do in there? I'm referring primarily to the lame "Fusion" Superbowl commercials from Gillette. Also, if we perfect the difficult process of cold fusion, is it likely that we will immediately ask "how can we apply this new and life-altering technology to shaving?"

My favorite commercial--even though I actually watched for the football this year--was the Sprint "phone with a anti-theft device" one, even though I thought the second assault was unnecessary to make it hilarious. Oh wait, these are supposed to be questions. Am I wrong?

How is it that at 9 a.m., people get on the MUNI's second car and just sit down? I know they're not transferring from somewhere (not around here, with MUNI lines so prevalent that busses are rare). So are they risk-takers or is there a MUNI pass that I don't know about? Something to just let you get on without paying? Or you pay early? Maybe I should just look this one up...

I could go off on a complete tangent about last night's Lost (I liked it) and how Sawyer is the epitome of the bad boy and look how he hasn't changed, despite seeming all changed and having the pseudo-love of a good (hot) woman in Evangeline Lily. But I won't. Because I have no questions to ask, and today is about answers, people. Answers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is clearly "deep-seated", with 590,000 google hits, vs. the grammatically poor 'deep seeded' which though it may make logical sense, has only 24,800 google hits.

Anonymous said...

Ostensibly, the point of the battery power is to shock you with little pulses of electricity to make your hair stand on end (and thus easier to cut). In reality, Gillette made up the gimick so that its Duracell subsidiary could sell more batteries.

Monthly MUNI passes are $45, but in all my time in the Bay Area I've never been asked to show a ticket/pass so my guess is a lot of people are risking it (not paying).

Thank you.

SB said...

and that does it, 3 questions (not counting the fake one) and 3 answers!

you guys rock.