February 6, 2006

Weekend Wrap

It was a good weekend, all in all.

There was a party, and the Superbowl, which I cared little about but it was a good excuse to hang out and eat lots of food. I helped a friend move into an apartment downstairs (!) and flirted with a cute Irish bartender.

Sure, I could go into more details (except they're really not that exciting--that was the best of each thing in short) but the best part was that all the activity made me forget, for a little while, that I'm an unemployed hobo.

It's nice to be reminded of how things can/will be when I've got a job. Makes San Fran a good deal more comfortable.

Oh also I ran on Saturday and Sunday and the thing about that is, my legs could keep going but my feet can't. I think I need new (better) shoes. I've taken to simply driving the 15 blocks to the ocean, and then running the nearly 4-mile stretch of road/path that is the Great Highway between Sloat and Lincoln. It's an excellent, excellent place to run; so much so that I almost look forward to the run, which is highly unusual for my lazy ass. At some point I'll drag my camera down there and take a picture, so you can see what I mean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bartending, what a nice fill-in job that would be! Tips, meeting nice(?) women, good hours for those who stay up late.

Anonymous said...

Dude, N-Judah to Ocean Beach. Are you still scared of Muni.

SB said...

Bartending: really only appropriate when you have at least the vaguest notion of how to mix a drink ("Gin and... tonic?")

And no, I'm not scared of Muni, I use it all the time now! But I can't afford $1.50 just because I'm a lazy bastard. I think overall cost-wise, the car is cheapest. Or, you know, walking. But I don't have all day.

And it's L-Taraval, thankyouvermuch. :)

Anonymous said...

I like what you have here! I have a bartending site please feel free to visit.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog. Here's a great place you might like bar stools.