March 14, 2006

Housecleaning

A few of you astute observers (or lazy ne'er-do-wells who haven't updated their bookmarks/links) will notice that the old blog is now officially gone. And by that I mean deleted.

It's something I planned to do all along (and I think I mentioned that before) but before anyone in the family gets all worried, know that I did save all the entries (one month at a time--3 years doesn't take THAT long) onto my laptop before giving it the axe.

One of the downsides is that I lose all the comments on the blog--there just isn't enough time to go through each entry and save the individual page. But, on the other hand, I switched comment handlers so many times (remember when Blogger didn't have 'em built in) that it's only about a year's worth, if that. There are a few I'll miss in particular...

On the upside, I can now begin recycling old blog posts, and though some of you may remember them, you have nowhere to turn for proof that I've already ranted about said topic! Suffer the wrath of reruns!

I'm off to work. No, not the good kind. The temp kind.

No comments: