March 27, 2006

Roommateless

Fridays (and the subsequent weekend) are much sweeter when you have to work 40 hours a week, and as such it was with no small amount of joy that I blissfully vegged almost the entire weekend away.

But just almost; I did go down to the beach a couple times, and shopped for food, and other various mundanities that must be accomplished during this oh-so-precious time period. But it was sort of weird, because with my roommate out of town, it even got a little bit lonely. Not in a "I'm lonely, sign me up for speed-dating" way, but I think I'm getting accustomed to having another person in the apartment. Even if she is as quiet as a mouse most of the time.

Work is going... on, I guess. It's hard to be a low-paid temp in a place where you, and everyone else, know that you could be doing a helluva lot more. Fortunately, some stuff has cropped up that allows me to do some work besides my usual 8 hours of administrative crap per day. And that's good not only for my blossoming legal career ("blossoming" in this case meaning "not dead on the vine yet") but also because I made more than 8000 copies on Friday and man, does that suck. We lawyers waste a LOT of paper.

Congrats to GMU for getting to the damn Final Four. That's crazy! What's next, Mary Washington goes to the Rose Bowl? How about if Longwood wins... okay I ran out of sports, but you get my point. Go Masons! Or, um, whatever they're called.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Patriots! ;-)

Now I can fully cheer for George Mason since my bracket (as well as most other people's I'm guessing) is all busted up.