March 6, 2006

Weekend by the Numbers

One: attorneys now living in this apartment. Big congrats to the roomie for gettin' her swear on.

Two: damn parking tickets. Also, coincidentally, the number of parking tickets I will be contesting. Not so much because I was in the right (I see it as a gray area, which probably means I don't have a chance in hell) but because I have nothing better to do with my time.

Three: free drinks at the bar because of aforementioned roomie's birthday. If anything ever goes wrong with this apartment--fire, flood, etc--I'm just going to move in to the pub across the street. I'll have to learn to decipher that Irish brogue, though.

Four: minutes the building fire alarm rang on Saturday night, around 12:30 a.m. It was finally shut off by my neighbor. I only learned it was OUR building's alarm when he knocked to make sure I wasn't on fire. Nice guy.

Five: hours spent working as web designer to a small-but-busy Michigan engineering consultant. He pays me the big bucks to put together webpages, and because he is obligated to, genetically. It's sort of like I never went to law school at all! Welcome to 1999, please stay seated until the time machine has come to a complete stop at the gate.

Six: ...is a digit found in my home phone number exactly once. Yeah, I've got nothin else on this one.

Seven: hours before I got dressed on Sunday. In my own defense I was, in fact, working (see above) so it wasn't a total slacker experience.

Eight: the time in the a.m. when the sun brightens to the point wherein I think a nuclear holocaust has occurred outside my window. On the plus side, with work as inconsistent as it has been, the sun keeps me on a fairly normal wake-up schedule.

Nine: the time I still get out of bed, stubborn as I am, despite 8 a.m. wake-up shine.

No comments: