December 11, 2007

Stop:

...waiting until the light turns green to put on your turn signal. This goes out to the jerk this morning who sat alone at the light, and made me instantly regret not cutting over to the right lane to get out from behind him. Why? Because he had no indicator that he was turning, until the light turned green and then he scooted forward 5 feet, and signaled. Meanwhile I'm trapped behind this putz when I could have easily moved into the right lane, had he not been lost in his own world of idiocy and let me know he was going to block traffic.

Moral: If you aren't in a turn lane (and hey, even then) you HAVE TO USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL, people. No exceptions.*

...the "He went to Jarred's" commercials (or wherever he went; I've tried to mentally block the name of the store). Even if you accept the premise that diamonds will make your significant other forgive your emotionally crippled personality, I doubt that even those women who forgive will actually care where you got them. Go to hell, Jarred-or-whoever.

Moral: Don't buy diamonds because they're evil.

...taunting me, Detroit Lions. What the hell was that on Sunday? You make a game of it against freaking 11-1 Dallas, when you couldn't make a game of it against the 5-6 Vikings or the even more woeful Cardinals? And then you lose anyway?

Moral: I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for the Tigers. And I wish I liked hockey more.

...being so cold, Oakland. Seriously, two blankets is too much when you live in California. I know people are literally dying in other parts of the country, but this is my forum for selfish complaining. It's too damn cold here.

Moral: You people who insist that the east coast is colder don't wake up to an apartment that is 52 degrees, do you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

...zerging the Alliance base in AV. It's a whole new battleground now and just a smidgen of defense will all but ensure a Horde victory, people. No moral needed for this one; just play a little D and everyone will be cool.

*One exception: car chases.

2 comments:

BU said...

I haven't been in AV or played WoW since Dec 06... what changed?

SB said...

I assume you mean 2006 (not 6 days ago)?

They restructured it so that it's a reverse-resource drain. Tower caps are worth -50 points, player kills -1, etc. When your side loses all 600 points (or kill the general) it ends.

It's pretty entertaining, I log in once in awhile (1/2 times a week) to play a bit. It's all my old computer can run anymore...